Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Painted Lady

I was at our local mall today, getting my hair cut and picking up some Bath and Body Works Body Spray (had to settle for Sweet Pea since they don't sell Wild Honeysuckle anymore, hmmff), and I decided to check out this store called The Painted Lady.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I have walked past this store for years because I figured they didn't have any plus sized clothing.  I figured they catered to the Size 0 to 10 ladies. 

Today, I decided to stop and ask.  And the owner, Betty Scott, took me all over the store pointing out all the Size 18 clothing that she had.  She and I were talking and looking at all the beautiful clothing and just having a great time.  I decided that I wanted to try on a shirt, but she convinced me that if I tried on the shirt, I had to try on the skirt with it.  I guess there is a reason she owns the store, right?  I was instructed to try on the whole outfit and come out in the store so she could see it.  And then I could try on just the shirt with my jeans.  I am all for playing dress-up, so I dutifully followed the instructions I was given.

She was completely and totally right about the skirt having to be worn with the skirt.  The whole ensemble worked really well together.  And the outfit looked much better than the shirt with my jeans, although, I will probably wear it that way some day. 

So I spent twice what I had intended to spend, but if I wear the outfit a bunch of times, either together or separately, my dollars per wear will continue to go down.  And I can wear this outfit just about anywhere.

Let me know what you think. 



I went ahead and put on my Size 18/20 form because I didn't feel like begging my son to take a picture of me in the outfit.  He has a new computer program for video editing and I can't get him off the computer.  But that is a totally different story.  You can't see it in the picture, but there are little gold flecks in the skirt that catch the light and sparkle.  The seaming on the shirt and the ruching on the sleeve are all perfect for my body type too.  And I really like the little ruffle that runs down in front.

I am working on another article for the Spring Trends.  I should have it up in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I forgot to say that this outfit is by Frank Lyman Designs. I checked out his website at FrankLyman.com and he has some really nice stuff. Price-wise, it is a little high end.

    ReplyDelete