Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update on Common Bond Christian Womens Job Corp

I promised I would keep you up to date on my dealings with the CBCWJC.  Last week I met with the ladies that have been working for the last 3 years to get this program up and running.  They were excited about being able to offer the participants a workshop on improving their image and I am excited that they want me to participate with them.

Today we got to meet the participants in the program.  The program lasts for 9 weeks.  They meet once a week for 3 hours.  They have a program that was designed by the Christian Womens Job Corp that will walk the participants through all sorts of helpful courses on building their self-esteem, how to create a resume, how to get through a job interview, how to create and follow a household budget.  Information that everyone needs to know, but isn't always taught.

They worked into the schedule 2 thirty minute sessions for me to teach the participants how to improve their images for finding and keeping a job.  My challenge is to only give the absolutely critical information they need in that short timeframe.  So, tomorrow I begin creating that program.

I thought I would start with face shapes, body shapes and coloring. Then I would determine who is what and what they can and cannot wear in general.  In the second class I would show them how to start with, let's say,  5 must have pieces and how you can create 15 or 20 outfits using those 5 basic pieces, either by accessorizing or using a few other seasonal items with those.

Another challenge is that I need to be able to present office attire and production attire.  Not everyone is going to be looking for jobs in an office.  I was thinking about teaching the production workers how to create their own "uniform" for work and then learning how to dress outside of work.

I'll keep you posted!  And if I haven't said it lately, Thanks for reading my blog!!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment